Monday, April 12, 2010

Is it done?


Most weekends, as have been written in the past, are insanely busy. Due to the fact that we leave our house at an ungodly our and get home way past that, there is no time during the week to get most things done. And with it being spring time, it is the start of HS rodeo season which means that Greg and Shelby are gone all weekend. With that, everything else is dropped into my lap to get done. The standard cleaning (more reviews about the Meleuca products too), laundry, etc. and then the other stuff. Like entertaining two very active kids, cleaning out the dog run that has needed to be done weeks ago because it is starting to really smell. Getting the carpet in Greg's office steam cleaned AGAIN because of dirt and a puppy who still hasn't figured out going outside at night. Laundry that is a mile and a half long. Oh and the animals.

Friday starts off as a standard day with Greg and Shelby getting ready to go to Greeley for the weekend to do rodeo. This means Shelby packing half her wardrobe and makeup, Greg taking clean underwear and a hat. Picking the girls up after school, I took them to Chick fe La for dinner. One because I was not in the mood to cook and the second is that it had a play area where they could get some of their energy out. So we hung out there for about an hour until it started getting packed and they got tired. When we got home, first load of laundry went in. I do have to say I like the MelaPower detergent. The scent is very subtle and I do notice a difference in the cleaning. My clothes are coming out nicer that the other stuff I have used in the past. The only thing that I think is cumbersome is that it is in a pump and you have to angle it to the back of the machine to make sure the water gets on it first before dumping the clothes in. Not as easy as powder, that's for sure.

I rented on the pay per view Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squealquel. Ok, such a kid movie, but good music. Girls were boogying down to the Chipmunks and the Chipettes. Anyway, my fun filled Friday night was watching my kids have fun.

Saturday was errand day and running around all day long because Greg and Shelby were gone and I can get a TON done day. Poor Cicely and Lizzie. Dropped Cicely off at dance class, while Lizzie and I did our shopping. I love it when WalMart discounts things to $1. Back to pick up Cicely and head over to the post office for a package. My dad and his wife have never figured out after eight years that I cannot pick up packages during the week. By the time we roll through town, the post office has been closed for at least two hours. And whenever they send anything, it is too big to put into the package boxes. My step-mom loves to shop, especially for little girls. She really outdid herself this time. I now have all the things for not only their birthdays, but for Christmas too. Yippee. Afterwards, we headed home to unload and for Cicely to change out of her dance stuff. Ok, let me back up a second. I asked her to change out of her dance outfit, she says she does, she actually puts clothes on over her dance outfit thinking I won't notice. I am at the point that I don't care and just want to get the day done. Change laundry around, pet a dog or two, and out the door again to CostCo. If you ever want to go to lunch and only have $5 on you, got to CostCo. I can feed the girls with two slices of pizza and three drinks for less that $10. And the slices are so big that there is enough for me too. Back in town, we stop at Big R for an "ahhh" moment of ducklings and chicks and to pick up food for our own brood. To the library for a few things and back home. By this time it is about 3 and I am pooped, the girls aren't though. So back outside to saddle up Poco.

Story behind Poco, the girls' horse. She came to us via Aunt Jane who lives in Washington State. Beautiful state, by the way. So lush and green. Aunt Jane is a character who I adore completely. About two or so years ago, she calls us up out of the blue and tells Greg that Poco will be in Ft. Collins in two days and he needs to pick her up. Luckily, we just picked up a horse trailer so he could bring her back. Jane thought that we needed another horse and decided to send her down. With a saddle too. I used to ride Poco all the time, but she thinks I am a pain because I want her to move around too much, for example trot or canter or heaven forbid go on a trail ride. The girls, on the other hand, just want to ride in the arena every once in a while and she can put up with that. So, out we go to saddle Poco up for the afternoon ride. Lizzie loves to ride and loves to help she she got on first. I hear a lot of "I got it Mama" and "I don't need your help, Mama", so I just usually walk ahead of Poco and help make sure they have their seat. Cicely was up next and she did fine too. Lizzie ran into the house because she had to go to the bathroom, so Cicely and I finished our run around the ring. As we were leaving, I hear a loud scream and crying fit. Me? Not worried at all because I know Lizzie is tired. Until she did it again and Poco did not like it and did what we call a "crow hop". This means she went up startled and came back down, with Cicely on top of her. I don't think I have ever seen her eyes get that big. Turns out Lizzie couldn't get her pants off in time to go potty. Sigh....Everything was fine in the end though.

Sunday was big breakfast and playing outside. We took the ATV (it's a Fisher Price that doesn't go fast) out and ran up and down the driveway a few times. Got more laundry done, vacuuming done, kitchen cleaned, and other odds and ends. Shelby and Greg came home from their trip up north and put their things away. Greg pulled me aside and said that Shelby didn't want to try out for Elizabeth Stampede Queen. I think she is making a HUGE mistake, but that's her choice. She wants to take her horse on more rodeos this summer. Hate to tell her this, but I need her dad close to home for most of it to help around the house and to start or complete things he has been promising to do forever. If she won the Queen title, she can still travel around and would be able to take her horse. Not sure if there is anything in the manual about her not being able to compete then either. And then Greg got a call from Chris, our "farm hand". He doesn't think Chris is cut out to work with Corky because he is inexperienced. Then Shelby pipes up that he might teach Corky bad habits. Corky is a walking bad habit. I think they are both crazy, but what do I know. I am just a novice in their eyes. Whatever. Greg doesn't like seeing someone else working with his horse. REALLY? Like he has time! At least Chris is willing to work with the dang horse. And Shelby keeps calling him evil so there's no help there. I don't have time with taking care of the other billion things going on around that place. So fricken frustrated with those two.

Anyway, more reviews of the products. Like I said, I like the MelePower and will probably get it again. The Sol-d-Mel is ok. Did a good job for every day chores of cleaning the counter tops and sinks, but not the best on tougher stains like rust. Didn't see any changes in a sink we have in our bathroom. Might buy another bottle, we'll see. Still a big time no on the vitamins. I'll just get whatever my doctor says to buy. Thinking of trying the toothpaste next.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment