Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday is over? Really?

Today was a standard busy Saturday. Ok, maybe not standard, but it felt like it. Cicely has a ballet/tap class every Saturday at The Turning Pointe here in Elizabeth. It is run by a no-nonsense woman by the name of Ms. Michelle. The first class Cicely took with her, Cicely wouldn't let me leave. I didn't mind sticking around and was so impressed how everything went. Cicely is a very social little girl and makes friends so easily. I don't think I have ever seen her not make a friend or go up to a little kid and make friends. This time though, she felt like the outsider. Ms. Michelle would see none of that. By the end of the dance class, not only did Cicely learn some dancing steps, but she made friends. The second class, Cicely turns to me and says "Mama, you don't have to stay. I will be fine". Ms. Michelle hid her smile and winked. Today was her fourth class and she has now excelled in the Charleston. There is a big recital in May and all the kids have some sort of performance they are doing. Cicely is not sure what a recital is yet, but I know she will do great.

While Cicely is dancing the morning away, Lizzie and I do our errands. Usually, it consists of WalMart and racing back to get Cicely from class. Lizzie is such a great help by marking off what is on the list and then trying her best to get a toy. Always fun shopping with a four year old.

This afternoon, Greg and I ventured out to do our own errands. We went by Bass Pro Shop which is mecca to the hunting and fishing expert or novice. Today, we were there to look around and spend quality time with each other. Shelby was kind enough (ok, she had no choice) to babysit the girls. At Bass Pro, it was fishing day. All kinds of booths were set up with hooks, lures, and tons of other fishing type stuff. I like to fish, but not fly. I learned how to deep sea fish from my Uncle Ted in Florida who also taught me how to sail and the love of the water. It was pretty neat looking at the booths though.

Tonight I made Chicken Fried Steak from The Pioneer Woman's cookbook. If you have never heard of The Pioneer Woman, you definitely need to check out her site(www.thepioneerwoman.com). She is my inspiration on how to write and try to cook. The only thing I do have a problem with is her obsession with butter. Otherwise, I have made a few things from her site and they have all been very tasty.

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment