Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another storm?


I love living here in Colorado. The weather is so unpredictable that watching the weather people squirm is hilarious. One station says that it is going to snow about 1-2 inches. The other station says 1-2 feet. And another station is usually right in the middle. Currently, we are supposed to have snow hit us now and snow all day today and tonight. Looking out my window, I see sun. Lots and lots of sun and blue sky. Probably real cold, but it is gorgeous. Just waiting for that illusive snow to hit. And if it does, I am one of those people who prays for a ton of snow. Like in the feet range. I love staying home, cuddled up on the couch, reading a good book or playing on the computer. Hanging out with my kids playing dress-up. Come baby! Snow!!

My neighbor Heather and her friend Michelle are distributors for Melaleuca products. These are touted as being natural products and less expensive that what is bought in the store. I don't mind trying the products out to see if they are not only going to save me money when I do shop, but are better for the family. Heather gave me a sample of the lotion called Renew and I have to say that stuff is awesome! I have yet to find a lotion that helps fight the dry, dry skin I have come to know. Not only is our water considered hard because of the minerals in it, but the air itself is dry too. Living in California and Hawaii, my skin was always soft because of the sea air and I didn't have to rely on lotion unless I wanted to smell real nice. I have tried so many different lotions that my counter is covered. I am not a smelly lotion person anymore, but want something that makes my hands look better than they do.

Anyway, tangent, Heather and Michelle want me to be apart of their company Work @ Home United which is based out of our town. Michelle is the founder and owner of the company and is passionate about the products and selling. Heather loves the products too for different reasons, but sells them just as passionate. Me? I am not a seller. I am not a sales person at all. I did work retail, but that is when someone comes into the store to buy something from me, not me going to them. I do not feel comfortable going up to someone and saying "Hey! Give me your dollar and you can buy this stuff". Michelle and Heather are incredible at selling and I can see Michelle selling anything to anyone, laying on her deck. Me? Not a chance. I got my packet of magazines from the company today and just reading though it all I am starting to get turned off. UGH! Hate this feeling.

It's bad enough that I can't talk to Greg about this at all. He knows I am doing this, just not why. My reasoning are two fold. One to get out of where I work now. I hate coming downtown every day to a job that I don't feel I am contributing anything to. Yes, I help people out with their "issues", but I am so bored at what I do and so not liking the 2 hour commute. The second is I would like to have enough money to not only work from home, but also extra to help pay for Shelby's college. Even though she is not my biological daughter, I feel responsible for her and making sure she gets the best education possible. She is such a smart kid and needs to get out and do more. The girls are also getting into different things and I want to make sure they are able to pursue their passions as well. And of course, pay off bills. All the bills that we have paid off is great, but we have a ton more. So, I thought that this adventure would be great and easy. Yea, not so much. I don't have any extra "start-up" money to spend on this. I barely have enough money to spend on my family as it is. So frustrating.

So those are my two storms. One is the Mother Nature kind that I don't mind as long as I am not driving and the other one is another way to get closer to home.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment