Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snow, snow, and more snow.


Last night was an interesting night. We knew and heard about the storm coming in and knew that the snow was going to fall. What we didn't realize was that there was going to be lightning and thunder. Shelby made a comment that she was waiting for the tornado to come through. So at dinner, we had the lights flicker and go off for a second or two. One of the dogs was scared to death and stayed with someone the whole night. I knew that the chicks were fine in the barn because of their brooder so I wasn't that worried. Or so I thought. This morning, there was no power in the house. Greg stoked the fire all night, which kept the house nice and warm. I woke up with a start and darted outside to the barn to check the babies. Unfortunately, we lost two chicks. A buff and red did not make the cold. The other dozen and the ducklings were fine though. I brought all of them into the house to warm up and to keep and eye on them. I have two plastic toy boxes filled with hay that I have been rotating all day because the ducklings keep playing in their water dish. So cute!!

Of course, without power means without Internet. Without Internet means a husband who is a little impatient. OK, a lot impatient. He said that he is so close in finishing one of his big projects and wanted to get to the office. From what I read on the news, our main road was closed, but that didn't stop my hubby. Nor did the two foot snow drift around the truck. So, off he went to work to get his project done. I think he didn't want to be stuck at home with the girls. How to entertain a five year old, four year old, and a teenager. Hmmm.....Well Shelby figured out a way. The girls wanted to play dress up and Shelby "put on their make up". Ummmm....well, it is purple that's for sure. They have also been playing on the Wii with Shelby as well and watching movies. Overall, not too bad for them.

The snow finally stopped about an hour ago and now the meltdown begins. I love the fact that when it snows like this, we can stay home. OK, I can stay home with the girls. We are safe from the crazies (excluding my hubby) on the road, got a fridge full of food and Oreos, and I have Internet with the Blackberry. Bummer I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment