Friday, March 19, 2010

Fridays are supposed to be fun


Today was the start of a huge spring storm. In Colorado, we can have 70 degree days one day and a foot of snow the next. It happens, ya get used to it. Unfortunately, we forget and the drive home after work is very, very long. Take this week for example. The last few days, the girls and I have been able to walk the dogs at night when we get home because of the beautiful weather. Last night, Cicely made the comment that it was getting cold and we need to turn around. The wind was blowing pretty good which usually means a storm is coming. When I woke up this morning, I checked outside and did not see any snow on the ground. Whew! Maybe it passed us by? Nope, not even close. By the time we left for work, we had about an inch on the ground with more to come.

The day itself was uneventful. One of my co-workers decided to quit her job and move home. Good for her, better for us. She hasn't been happy for a long time and needed to be closer to her family. As the day progressed, cake was served to celebrate her leaving the firm. Cake was good, but I would have rather gone home. At 4pm, an email went out stating that the firm was closing for the day. YeeHaw! We all piled out of the building and onto the freeways. So not YeeHaw. I got onto the train and was engrossed in my book for the 45 minute ride. When we got to my train station, I sighed and shrugged knowing that the commute home would be long. About two hours later, I arrived home. Thank goodness Greg picked up the girls and brought them home. Even more so, Shelby was home today for the start of spring break and didn't go anywhere. Here's the best part of the day, it's over. And even better? Tomorrow it is going to be 50 degrees. Got to love Colorado.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment